The main objectives of the Accelerated Programme for recovery of energy / power generation from industrial wastes are given below:
- To assess and upgrade various conversion technologies.
- To create a conductive environment for the development of the sector in the country; and
- To accelerate the installation of energy recovery projects from industrial wastes with a view to harness the available potential by 2017.
The scheme provided for General Financial Assistance in the form of capital subsidy and Grants-in-Aid in respect of the following activities:
- Industrial waste biogas
- Power generation from biogas
- Power generation from solid industrial waste
- Promotional activities
- R & D, Resources assessment, technology up gradation and performance evaluation, etc.
Criteria based on type of wastes
3.1 The eligibility criteria on type of wastes will be :
- Projects based on any bio-waste from industrial / agro-industrial sector (excluding rice husk and bagasse) that requires pre-processing before utilisation for energy recovery).
- Projects for co-generation / power generation from available biogas.
- Mixing of other wastes of renewable nature, including rice husk, bagasse, sewage, cow-dung, other biomass and industrial effluents, including distillery effluents, upto a maximum of 25% will be permissible.
- Projects based on distillery effluents for generation of biogas, wastes from fossil fuels and waste heat (fuel gases) shall not be supported.
Criteria based on technologies:
3.2 The eligibility criteria for technologies will be:
- Projects based on waste-to energy conversion technologies, namely, biomethanation, combustion, or a combination thereof.
- Projects for generation of power from biogas through 100% biogas engines or steam turbines with a minimum steam pressure of 42 bar.
Criteria based on capacity
3.3 There will be minimum / maximum limit of project capacity