Information and Public Awareness Programme for the year 2005-06
The main objectives of the information and Public Awareness Programme are as follows:-
- To popularize new and renewable energy devices and systems highlighting their benefits and to generate mass awareness on technological developments and promotional activities taking place in New & Renewable Energy sector from time to time in the country with a special focus on rural areas.
- To make people aware on the availability of systems their proper use and repair facilities.
- To expand the market for NRSE system, and
- To raise awareness on NRSE amongst students, teachers, Scientists and general masses.
2. Programme Implementation
The programme has been implemented through State Nodal Departments / Agencies, Central agencies such as, Doordarshan, All India Radio, DAVP, DFP alongwith Publicity division of Department of Posts and Ministry of Railways, IREDA, Song & Drama Division of Ministry of information and Broadcasting. The Ministry participates in Annual Trade Fair, organized by the India Trade Promotion Organization at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi and other international exhibitions.
3. Programme Activities.
The following activities are proposed for extensive publicity:-
3.1 Electronic Media
3.1.1 Production of Films on MNRE and various NRSE Programmes.
3.1.2 Short Radio programmes and jingles on NRSE in Hindi and regional languages in all the States including N.E. States, and
3.1.3 Radio / TV spots / TV advertisements through National and regional Kendras.
4.2 Print media / Publications
4.1.1 Advertisements in newspapers / magazines / journals in Hindi, English and Regional languages.
4.1.2 Printing of renewable energy messages / slogans on the postal stationery like post cards. Inland letters aerograms, speed post satchels, etc. through Department of Posts; and on computerized railway reservation tickets through Railways.
4.1.3 Printing of booklets / folders / brochures / posters on different programmes / subjects in Hindi, English and regional languages.
4.1.4 Public Akshay Urja newsletter in English and Hindi on bimonthly basis and the Annual Report of the Ministry.
4.1.5 To bring out the Trade Guide, Renewable Energy Calender, compendium etc. on NRSE.
4.2 Exhibitions and Outdoor Publicity.
4.2.1 Exhibitions and outdoor media like hoardings, kiosks, bus back panels, bus stop shelters, wall painting, computerized animation display systems, song & drama, etc, in different states.
4.2.2 Provision of Mobile Exhibitions Vans (MEVs), fitted with working systems and devices to the States where the MEVs have so far not been procured; and also to the States where one MEC already exists, and their requirements are for more MEVs depending on their larger areas and population.
4.2.3 Organizing runs, formation of human chains and poster / essay, competitions for school children.
4.2.4 Publicity of NRSE by way of displaying NRSE systems & devices in different science museums through National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) and other institutions / organizations.
4.2.5 Renewable Energy Exhibition on Rajiv Gandhi Akshay Urja Diwas.
5. Awareness and Orientation camps
The various new and renewable energy programmes are implemented by the officials and staff of State Nodal Agencies, located at State capitals and districts headquarters and officials of Zila Parishads. The officials keep on changing due to transfers. It is necessary that State Nodal Agencies organize the orientation and awareness camps for all the new district / Zila Parishad officials so that they implement the programme properly.
6. Rajiv Gandhi Akshay Urja Diwas
6.1 The ministry has decided to organize Rajiv Gandhi Akshay Urja Diwas (RGAUD) on 20th August throughout the country. Last year, the ministry organized for the first fime, on 20th August 2004 , i.e. the 6th birth anniversary of late Prime Minister Shri Rajiv Gandhi as the Rajiv Gandhi Urja Diwas”. On this occasion, a commemorative postage stamp in the denomination of Rs. 5/- was released in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi . The function was attended by a large number of Union Ministers, members of Parliament, senior representatives of various countries, ambassadors, leaders, administrators, scientists, students, etc.
7. District Advisory Committees (DACs)
7.1 With a view to effective involvement of prominent people as stake holders of renewable energy programme at district level, Chief Ministers / lt. Governors / Administrations of all the States and Uts were requested to constitute District Advisory Committees in all districts in the country. The main tasks of such committees includes the following.
- To help this Ministry in planning and coordination of various renewable energy programmes and creation of mass awareness in the district on a continuing basis;
- To suggest mechanism for formulation and implementation of village energy plan and programme to cover remote and forest fringe villages for electrification through renewable energy systems.
- To coordinate and integrate implementation of various renewable energy programmes in the district and suggest measures for accelerated progress;
- To review achievement made under different programmes and suggested corrective measures, if any; and
- To interact with the public and rural and urban areas, identity the users and the suitable project sites and interact with the State Nodal Agencies and district authorities for facilitating the people for procurement of renewable energy systems and devices.
7.2 The District Advisory Committees are chaired by the District Collector and consists of other members namely Chief Executive Officer of Zila Parishads, General Manager District Industries Centre, District Forest Officer/Deputy Director of Social factory, Civil Surgeon, District health Officer, District information Officer (NIC), Chairman, District Bar Councilor district Government Pleader, Representatives of local industries association. Nominees of Hon’ble Members of Parliament concerned, Representative of NGOs, a representative of Rotary Club, a representative of Lions Club, a representative of Nehru Yuvak Kendra, Lead Bank Manager, other prominent citizens such as scientist, etc, a representative of State Nodal Agency, a representative of MNRE/Regional Officer of MNRE, wherever feasible. The Project Director, DRDA acts as Member Secretary. Out of total members of DACs, at least six members of the committee would be women.
8. Renewable Energy Clubs
Like Science Clubs, Nature Clubs, etc. it is proposed to support Renewable Energy Club at various engineering colleges and other technical / academic institutions. A support of Rs. 25,000 per institution per year is proposed for meeting the expenditure on keeping the renewable energy displays open for the visitors in their respective areas for awareness raising. The funds will be released through SNAs.
9. Renewable Energy Tableau
A tableau on renewable energy "Akshay Urja Se Desh Ghar-Ghar Bijli Gaon-Gaon Prakash" is proposed during the Republic Day Parade on January 26, 2006 .
10. Financial Assistance
The State Nodal Agencies will submit their annual information and publicity proposal including physical targets and financial requirement every year. The eligible Financial Assistance for various activities / items under the programme.
11. Release of Funds
The funds will be released to State Nodal Agencies for the sanctioned activities in the following manner:-
- 70% of the sanctioned outlay along with the sanction letter and
- 30% of the sanctioned outlay after completion of the sanctioned activities /. Item.
12.1 Like in other programmes of MNRE, it is proposed to give 3 awards to the best State/Uts for their excellence in achievements under the information and public awareness programme. The awards will be in the following three categories:-
- States with large population (1 crore and above)
- Stares with small and medium population (below 1 crore)
- North-Eastern States and other special category states.
12.2 The SNAs will be requested to submit their achievements on various activities / items in the proforma to be prescribed under publicity. A committee will evaluate the entries on a ten point scale. The committee will be notified with the approval of the competent authority.