Achievement during 2008-2009
1. 1(one) day Workshop-cum-Training for NGO’s and SHG’s. The Workshop-cum-Training for District Advisory Committee Member, Project Officers and Junior Engineers on Remote Village Electrification and Technologies application on 22nd February, 2008. The said 1(one) day Workshop-cum-Training Programme was Inaugurated by Shri B.K.Dev Varma (IAS), Principal Secretary. 85(Eighty five) D.A.C.Members, Project Officer and Junior Engineers from 7(seven) Districts of Meghalaya were participated from Ministry, MNRE, New Delhi. Shri Sudhir Mohan, Adviser, Dr. N.P.Singh, Director were also present.
2. Participation of Exhibition on 25th - 27th March, 2008.
The Science and Technology has organized the Exhibition on 25th – 27th March, 2008 at State Central Library, Shillong. Meghalaya non-Conventional and Rural Energy Development Agency has participated in the Exhibition successfully. Different Solar Items like Solar Lamp, Solar Home Lights, Solar Cooker, Improved Chullah, Posters & Booklets and Reva (Battery Operated Vehicle) were displayed.
3. Inaugurating of 50 KW Biomass Gasification at Nongshilliang Village, Nongstoin:-
The 50 KW Biomass Gasification has been installed at Nongkhaliang village Nongstoin and Inaugurated on 23rd April, 2008. This 50 KW Biomass Gasification is meant for electrification of village and by this system 80 household were benefited.
4. Celebration RGAUD:-
Rajiv Gandhi Akshay Urja Diwas was celebrated in Meghalaya with the rest of the Country on 20th August, 2008, to commemorate Late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi’s vision for India for 21st century. The Programme for Rajiv Gandhi Akshay Urja Diwas was organized by MNREDA, sponsored by Ministry of New & Renewable E ergy, New Delhi.
The function was Inaugurated by Shri Conrad K. Sangma, Hon’ble Minister of Power. The Chief Secretary, Shri R. Chatterjee, IAS, Principal Secretary Shri B.K.Dev Varma, IAS, and the other dignitories were also present. The highlight of the programme were Energy Run, Essay, Competition, Painting, Singing and Debate.
5. Indian Science Congress Exhibition:-
The MNREDA has participated in 96th Indian Science Congress on 3rd January, 2009 to 7th January, 2009 at NEHU Campus. The 96th Indian Science Congress Exhibition was Inaugurated by Dr. Man Mohan Singh, Prime Minister India on 3rd January, 2009 and 300 different department from all over the country were participated.
The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy in coordination with Meghalaya non-Conventional and Rural Energy development Agency has bagged the Special Recognized Award.
6. 1(one) day Awareness-cum-Training for NGO’s, SHG’s, Private Entrepreneurs and Individual.
(i) The Agency has organized 1(one) day Awareness-cum-Training for NGO’s, SHG’s, Private Entrepreneurs and Individual involvement on Monitoring, Planning and the Implementation of project and scheme on Renewable Energy on 20th February, 2009 at District Auditorium-Tura, West Garo Hills.
Shri A.K.Sangma, Chairman, MNREDA has inaugurated the 1(one) day Awareness-cum-Training Programme. 137(one hundred thirty seven) members were participated in the above said Awareness-cum-Training Programme on 20th February, 2009. The programme was very successful.
7. Participation in Mass Awareness Campaign organized by Department of Tourism in collaboration with PIB.
The MNREDA has participated in Mass Awareness Campaign organized by Department of Tourism in collaboration with PIB at Cherrapunjee on 19th-21st February, 2009. The Agency has displayed Solar Item-1.Solar Home Light, 2. Solar LED Home Light, 3. Solar Lamp, 4. Solar LED Lamp, 5. Solar Cooker, 6. Solar Water Heating System, 7. Solar Educational Kit and 8. Solar Mobile charger.
The Agency has participated successfully and has begged BEST DISPLAY.
8. Inauguration of 5 KW Solar-Wind Diesel Hybrid Power Plant System.
The MNREDA has installed 5 KW Solar-Wind Diesel Hybrid Power Plant System. Power Plant System at MNREDA Head Office Complex, Mawpat, Shillong.
The 5 KW Solar-Wind Diesel Hybrid System, was inaugurated by Shri Conrad K.Sangma, Hon’ble Power Minister on 26th February, 2009.
This is the First of its kind that has been installed in Meghalaya. The power generated through these system has been supplied to the 2(two) staff quarters. The system is working successfully.
9. 1(one) day Awareness-cum-Training for NGO’s, SHG’s, Private Entrepreneurs and Individual.
MNREDA has successfully organized 1(one) day Awareness-cum-Training for NGO’s, SHG’s, Private Entrepreneurs and Individual on Monitoring, Planning and Implementation of Project and scheme on Renewable Energy on 6th March, 2009 at Talent’s Club Shillong. A total of 68(sixty five) NGO’s, SHG’s, Individual and Private Entrepreneurs were participated from East, West Khasi Hills, Jaintia Hills and Ri-Bhoi District.
The main Aim of organizing the above said Awareness-cum-Training is to involve the NGO’s, SHG’s and Private Entrepreneurs in reaching the target group at the grass root level.
10. Biogas Training:- MNREDA has organized the week long Biogas Training for Villagers on 9th-24th February, 2009 at Solguri, Betasing Block and at Bhoi Bangchong-Ri-Bhoi District.
The main objective of organizing this training on Biogas to the villagers is to aware them how to get the power from the waste (dung) the system of installation and the maintenance.
11. 2.5 KW Wind –Solar Hybrid System:- The 2.5 KW Wind –Solar Hybrid System has been installed at Eco Park, Cherrapunjee on 27th February, 2009 and has been commissioned on 5th March, 2009. The power generated through this wind solar Hybrid System is using for electrification of the Eco- Park.