A STATEMENT OF BOARDS, COUNCIL, COMMITTEES AND OTHER BODIES CONSTITUTED AS ITS PART
1. Name and Address of the Affiliated Body :
|1. Governing Body||Office of the Director,
Meghalaya Non-Conventional & Rural Energy
Near BSF Camp, P.O. Mawpat, Shillong - 12.
|2. Executive Committee|
|3. Departmental Committee|
|4. Purchase Committee|
2. Type of body :
- Governing Body - Constituted by Members Minister, Power/Chairman, MNREDA. State Govt. Officials, Representative 1 (one) each from East/West Khasi Hills, East/West Garo Hills and Jaintia Hills (MLAs/Ex /MLA).
- Executive Committee - Constituted by Members, Chairman, MNREDA, State Govt. Officials & Chairman, Me.S.E.B.
- Departmental Committee - Constituted by Members Principal Secretary, Power, Financial Adviser, Power, Member Finance & Chief Account Officer, Me.S.E.B, Senior Electrical Inspector, Director, MNREDA & Chief Engineer, Me.S.E.B.
- Purchase Committee - Constituted by Members Principal Secretary, Power, Financial Advisers, Power Department, Senior Electrical Inspector, Director, MNREDA.
3. Brief Introduction of the Body :
- Governing Body - established in 1987. To guide and manage the working of the Agency in a manner keeping with the interest and wishes of the State Govt.
- Executive Committee - To assist the Governing Body.
- Departmental Committee - To scrutiny and check the plans and schemes proposal submitted by MNREDA for the sanctioning of the same.
- Purchase Committee - To scrutiny and check the tenders submitted by tenderers in respect of supply of materials & installation of schemes for the allotment of works.
4. Role of the Body :
1. Governing Body - The Governing Body shall however be reconstituted by the Power Department from time to time.
(a) Rights, Power and Duties of the Governing body :
- The business and affairs of the Agency shall be carried out and managed by the Governing Body.
- The Governing Body shall have all such powers shall perform all such functions as all necessary of proper for the achievement or the furtherance of the subjects of the Agency, in accordance with the directives laid down by the Govt. of Meghalaya from time to time.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions, the Governing Body shall have the following powers and rights.
- to acquire by gift, purchase, exchange, lease or otherwise lands, buildings or other immovable properties together with all rights appertaining thereto;
- to construct and maintain buildings including right to alter or improve them and to equip them suitably;
- to manage properties of the Agency;
- to raise funds for the Agency, by gifts, donations or otherwise;
- to receive moneys, securities, instruments and or any other movable property for and on behalf of the Agency;
- to enter into agreement for and on behalf of the Agency;
- to use and defend all legal proceedings on behalf of the Agency;
- to grant receipt, to sign and execute instruments and to endorse or discount cheques or other negotiable instruments through its accredited agents;
- to make, sign and execute all such documents and instruments, as may be necessary or proper for carrying on the management of the property or affairs of the Agency;
- to invest the moneys and funds of the Agency to vary the investments as and when it may deem necessary or proper;
- to manage, sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of any property-movable or immovable-of the Agency;
- to assign from time to time such functions and duties and delegate such powers as it may deem fit to the Executive Committee;
- to consider and approve the annual budget of the Agency presented to it by the Executive Committee;
- to perform all such acts and do all such things may be necessary for the proper, management of the properties and affairs of the Agency.
- to appoint one or more Auditors from a list of Auditors from a list of Auditors furnished by the Government to auditing the accounts of the Agency every year and consider the reports of auditors;
- to consider and approve the annual accounts of the Agency;
- to consider and approve the annual report of the Agency, presented to it by the Committee.
- to make, repeal, amend or modify bye-laws in respect of the following matters after providing an advance copy of the same to the Government for information atleast 30 days prior to the meeting of the Governing Body which approves the same;
- to manage the properties, funds, affairs and work of the Agency;
- to prescribe the procedures for selection of members of the committee and other sub-committees, including provisions for the transaction of business by circulation, proxy or otherwise as may be deemed fit;
- to delegate and prescribe the powers, functions and duties of the Director and other officers;
- to delegate all or any of the powers to Committee or any Sub-Committee or Expert groups appointed by it from time to time or to officers of the Agency;
- All meetings of the governing Body shall ordinarily be held at Shillong.
- Meeting of the Governing body shall be convened by the Director.
- The meetings of the Governing Body shall held twice in a year.
- The meetings of the Governing Body shall be convened by the Director on request from not less than eight members respectively.
2. Executive Committee - To assist the Governing Body, the members of the Executive Committee shall be Chairman, MNREDA, Principal Secretary, Power, Director, State Level Govt. officials, Chairman, Me.S.E.B.
(a) Powers, Right and duties of the Executive Committee
(i) Subject to the provisions of these Regulations, the Committee shall have the following powers and duties and shall perform the following functions;
- to create within the budget provisions any posts specifically included in the annual budget and to appoint from time to time such and so many officers and other employees on such terms and conditions as it may deem fit for carrying on the management and affairs of the Agency including Research Studies, investigations or consultancy;
- to exercise control and discipline over the employees of the Agency, including the powers of dismissal;
- to propose by-laws for any of the matter for which they may be made, for consideration and approval by the Governing Body;
- to appoint if it deems fit, delegates to represent the Agency in Conference/technical workshop in India or abroad;
- to publish and/or finance publication of studies, books, reports, pamphlets and other literature and to distribute, sell or arrange for the sale of them;
- to arrange for the documentation of such materials in new & renewable energy, energy conservation and rural technology, which may be needed for the Agency and its work;
- to institute and maintain a library;
- to institute and maintain fabrication and manufacturing units;
- to purchase all such articles and materials as may be needed for the Agency and its work;
- to appoint from time to time, such Committees as needed and to assign and/or delegate thereunto such powers, duties and functions as it may deem fit;
- to maintain proper books and accounts supported by necessary vouchers;
- to arrange for the audit of the Agency annually;
- to present every year in proper time to the Governing Body, an annual report, an annual budget and annual accounts for its consideration and approval;
- to perform all such acts and duties and exercise all such powers as may be delegated or assigned to it by the Governing Body; and
- to delegate any or all of its powers to the Director for furtherance of the objectives of the Agency.
- Meetings of the Committee shall be held at Shillong or such other convenient place in consultation with the Chairman of the Committee.
- Meetings of the Committee shall be convened by the Director.
- The meetings of the Committee shall be once in three months as may be decided by the Committee.
3. Departmental Committee - The Committees were appointed by the Power Department.
4. Purchase Committee - The following Guidelines are hereby laid down to regulate the constitution and functioning of the Purchase Boards set up by Administrative Departments of the State.
- The Departmental Purchase Board should normally consist of the Head of the Administrative Department as the Chairman and the Head of the Department as Member Secretary with a representative from the Finance Department. The Department may if considered necessary, involve one or more experts on any matter to be placed in the Board meeting as special invitees. The FAs and FAOs posted in the concerned Department should be made permanent invitees to the Purchase Board.
- The Administrative Department may draw up advance Annual Plan of items to be purchased through the Departmental Purchase board. Purchase should be made only for immediate requirements.
- Notice for the meeting of the Purchase Board should be sent well in advance, not less than 7 days, and should be accompanied with Agenda Notes to provide the members with reasonable time to examine the same and prepare for the meeting and foe enabling the concerned departments to decide upon the level of representation.
- The Administrative departments, either directly or through the Head of department, should equip themselves with price lists of manufacturers and also disseminate tender notices widely to enable the Purchase Board to determine the fairness and reasonableness of the rates quoted by tenderers. Local enquiries about the prices of articles should also be made.
- The Purchase Board will endeavour to recommend procurement of quality goods at economical prices from manufacturers or their authorized representatives in case of manufactured goods and from reputed firms in case of other items.
- In case any item or material is manufactured by several firms, the tenderers should be asked to mentioned in their tender the name of the manufacturer and to furnish samples of quoted specification/design along with tender. These samples should be made available for comparison to the official receiving the supply and should be retained till such supply is completed.
- In case there is an single tender, the item should be re-tendered invariable because the propriety of accepting it by the Purchase Board comes into question.
- The decisions/recommendations of the Purchase Board are to be put up to the Minister-in-Charges for approval and are not to be implemented till the Minister has approved it.
- Orders for the items thus recommended and approved should be placed only when the scheme has been sanctioned with adequate provisions of funds. No meeting of the Purchase Board should be convened after 31st December of every year. Also supply orders should not be placed after 31st January of the year.
Structure and Member composition
1. Governing Body - consists of 9 (nine) members.
- Minister, Power/Chairman, MNREDA - Chairman
- Principal Secretary, Power - Member.
- Secretary, Planning - Member.
- Secretary, Finance Department - Member.
- Adviser (RE) Planning Commission, Govt. of India , New Delhi .
- Principal Secretary, C&RD, Govt. of Meghalaya - Member.
- Chairman, Me.S.E.B - Member.
- Representative from, MNRE, Govt. of India - Member.
- Director - cum - Member Secretary, MNREDA - Member Secretary.
2. Executive Committee - consists the following members nominated from within the Governing Body.
- Chairman, MNREDA - Chairman
- Principal Secretary, Power - Vice-Chairman.
- Director - Member Secretary.
- Chairman, Me.S.E.B - Member.
- Secretary, Finance Department - Member.
3. Head of the Body :
- Governing Body - Minister, Power / Chairman, MNREDA.
- Executive Committee - Chairman, MNREDA.
- Departmental Committee - Principal Secretary, Power.
- Purchase Committee - Principal Secretary, Power.